- Contract type
- Permanent employee
- Number of new hire
- Job description
- Design, operate, and maintain satellite GNC (guidance, navigation and control) architecture regarding attitude and orbit determination and control for iQPS’s small SAR satellite constellation and specialized SAR missions.
Design, testing, analyzing for both for attitude and orbit determination and control functions on iQPS SAR satellite platform and on-ground operation platform, including enhancement of precise orbit determination and orbit maintenance capabilities as a part of the AOCS (attitude and orbit control) team.
- Required skills and qualifications
- ■Required Skills and Qualifications
・Should have more than 3 years of experience in the design, implementation, and operation of LEO satellite’s attitude and/or orbit determination and control functions
・Has excellent knowledge of astrodynamics, modern control theory, and statistics
・Must have good communication skills in English or Japanese (Our team communicates in both of English and Japanese)
・Has experience with development of GNC architecture for small satellites for Earth observation mission
・Has experience with development of devices for attitude and orbit determination and control of small satellites (e.g., sensors, actuators, onboard computers)
・Has experience with small satellite constellation orbit management
・Has experience with orbit control by electric propulsion system for small satellites
・Has programming skills in C++ for embedded systems
- Application documents
- Background for recruitment
- iQPS has successfully developed the small radar satellite QPS-SAR, which provides SAR image with the world’s best class resolution and image quality even at night and/or in bad weather. iQPS aims to establish 36 QPS-SAR satellite constellation which enables to observe almost anywhere in the world at average intervals of 10 minutes. Most recently, QPS-SAR-5 "TSUKUYOMI-I" was launched on December 15, 2023, and we are currently operating 2 commercial satellites and has started data sales business.
In addition, we are planning to expand our factory to mass produce satellites and will accelerate the construction of the satellite constellation by setting up a system to increase production from the current 4 to 10 per year in fiscal 2024.
We are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange Growth Market on December 6, 2023, and as we aim to further expand our business, we are looking for a person to design, operate, and maintain the satellite GNC architecture to strengthen our development system.
We look forward to hearing from you who are interested in creating new value for the world by applying your skills and experience in the field of Space development for the project of building a constellation of small SAR satellites.
- Fukuoka city
・4,000,000 JPY～7,000,000 JPY
・Including fixed overtime (40 hours/month)
- ・125 leaves in year (2 days off per week: Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
・Annual Paid leaves
・Special leave for weddings and funerals
- Company welfare
- ・Health insurance
・Welfare annuity insurance
・Workmen's compensation insurance
・Commuting allowance (subject to company rule; maximum 30,000 JPY/month)
・No retirement benefits
- Working hours
- ■Super flextime system
・General rule 8 hours per day